Champion Petfoods Releases New ACANA Flavors
Champion Petfoods expanded its lineup of ACANA Heritage dog food. Four new ACANA Heritage flavors join the existing three flavors in providing a balance of 60 percent premium animal ingredients and 40 percent vegetables, fruits and botanicals. ACANA Heritage foods are designed to be biologically appropriate, nourishing dogs by following their ancestral diet of rich and varied fresh meats with smaller amounts of fruits and vegetables.
Featuring a nutrient-dense lineup of free-run duck, wild boar, rabbit, wild-caught fish and other fresh meat, all seven ACANA Heritage flavors are exclusively prepared with locally sourced ingredients in Champion's Kentucky DogStar Kitchens.
The four new ACANA Heritage flavors are:
- ACANA Feast - made with fresh free-run duck, turkey and quail.
- ACANA Paleo - made with fresh wild boar, turkey and rabbit.
- ACANA Light & Fit - made with fresh free-run chicken, turkey and wild-caught fish.
- ACANA Puppy & Junior - made especially for puppies with fresh free-run turkey, chicken, wild-caught fish and nest-laid eggs.
The original three ACANA Heritage flavors are:
- ACANA Free-Run Poultry - made with free-run chicken, turkey and nest-laid eggs.
- ACANA Freshwater Fish - made with fresh rainbow trout, blue catfish and yellow perch.
- ACANA Red Meat - made with Angus beef, Yorkshire pork and grass-fed lamb.
“ACANA Heritage foods are created especially for pet lovers looking to provide unique flavors and great taste experiences for their dogs,” said Julie Washington, chief marketing officer at Champion Petfoods. “Nourishing with biologically appropriate protein from a diversity of animal ingredients, each bag of ACANA Heritage provides peak health for your dog. The new Heritage recipes celebrate our 25-year tradition of featuring Fresh Regional Ingredients grown close to home by farmers, ranchers and fishermen we know and trust – all prepared exclusively in our own kitchens.”
The new ACANA Heritage foods are available at specialty pet retailers nationwide.