Mondi Releases Survey On Premium Pet Food Shoppers
Mondi, a company that creates packaging and paper solutions, provided Pack Expo 2019 attendees with a survey about premium pet food shoppers, their decision-making drivers and packaging preferences.
Attendees of the Sept. 23-25 trade show, taking place at the Las Vegas Convention Center, could stop by the Mondi Booth to collect a complimentary copy of a white paper with the results of an in-depth premium pet food consumer survey. The 18-page paper, entitled Premium Pet Food Purchaser Survey Results: Trends, Behaviors and Insights Pet Food Manufacturers Can Leverage to Convert Consumers, is based on research conducted by Mondi in partnership with Dow Chemical in the first quarter of 2019.
The survey polled 605 premium pet food purchasers from across the United States, and found that:
- 75 percent of consumers say they would feel more favorably toward a brand that changed its packaging to be more sustainable
- 80 percent of premium pet food shoppers are trying to reduce their impact on the environment
- 82 percent seek packaging convenience: “…solutions that make life easier.”
- 75 percent identified product freshness as an important packaging feature.
The white paper’s actionable insights cover:
- what buyers look for in premium pet food brands
- what features would influence them to switch brands
- how different packaging features drive purchasing decisions.