Purina Report Says Pets in Workplaces Leads to Reduced Stress
We know Pets in the Classroom has a multitude of benefits for children, but what about pets in the workplace?
Tomorrow—Friday, June 23—is National Take Your Dog to Work Day, and Purina is celebrating the occasion with its first “Pets at Work Report” about the benefits of a pet-friendly workplace.
The report includes data from a survey conducted in May 2017 among 1,004 employed U.S. citizens, some of which work in pet-friendly workplaces.
Here are some highlights of the study:
- 20 percent of dog owners in pet-friendly workplaces bring their dog to work daily.
- 19 percent of cat owners in pet-friendly workplaces bring their cat to work daily.
- Eight in ten people in pet-friendly workplaces say that having a pet at work makes them feel more happy, relaxed and sociable.
- 65 percent of employees at pet-friendly workplaces say that it is important to them that a potential employer allows pets.
- One in three people in non-pet-friendly workplaces wish they could bring their pet to work.
Purina is offering help to other employers who are considering starting a Pets at Work program. The company has a free digital toolkit to get started on its website.