At Naturally Fresh, sustainability isn’t a buzzword—it’s eco-friendliness in action. Since our founding, we’ve dedicated ourselves to green practices, in order to create a product that’s healthy for people, pets and the planet.
Sustainability is becoming increasingly important to consumers. Nielsen forecasts that 25 percent of total store sales will be sustainable products in 2021. In a 2017 Nielsen survey, 75 percent of millennials said they will definitely or probably change their purchase/consumption habits to reduce their impact on the environment.
We’re listening. Naturally Fresh is certified sustainably grown and a member of the Pet Sustainability Coalition.
What Sustainability Looks Like to Naturally Fresh
• Transforming a Food Byproduct—Walnut shells go from would-be waste to walnut shell cat litter.
• Using an Annually Renewable Resource—We plant tens of thousands of walnut trees every year on our family-owned farm.
• Harnessing Renewable Energy—We shell our walnuts and produce Naturally Fresh in our solar-powered facilities.
• Utilizing Organic Qualities Naturally—The fibrous material of the walnut shell organically neutralizes odors without perfumes.
• Creating an Eco-Responsible Product—Our litter is fully biodegradable and compostable when disposed of properly.
Consumers still want a cat litter that works—it needs to eliminate odors, clump well and be easy to clean, and have minimal dust and tracking. However, many millennials see their pets as starter children and are spending more time researching pet products to ensure they are good for their cat and good for the planet. They don’t want to sacrifice performance or negatively impact the environment, and they don’t have to with Naturally Fresh.
In an independent study, Naturally Fresh controlled ammonia odors better than clay, pine, corn and wheat litters. It’s also three times more absorbent than clay litter, meaning that one bag of Naturally Fresh lasts three times longer than one bag of the leading clay litter.
It’s more important than ever that retailers carry alternative litters. Consumers are educating themselves on the benefits of sustainable, biodegradable, non-toxic products—so it’s imperative for retailers to educate themselves and carry products that align with their consumers’ evolution of buying habits.
Naturally Fresh Cat Litter is made from all-natural walnut shells, which neutralize odors organically. It’s three times more absorbent than clay (so it lasts three times longer), and it’s good for the planet: biodegradable, certified sustainable, and annually renewable. To add to the list of benefits, it’s non-toxic, free of silica dust, and perfume-free, so it’s safe for kittens and great for cats and pet parents who struggle with allergies or upper respiratory issues.