The Pet Food Institute’s (PFI) board of directors approved an additional two-year extension to the terms of the chairman of the board and all other officers during its in-person fall meeting in Destin, Fla. Originally slated for 2020 to 2022, the officers will now continue terms until 2024 due to disruptions caused by the COVID-19 pandemic.
The full slate of PFI board officers includes:
- Chair: Tod Morgan, chairman of the board, Alphia
- Vice Chair: Nina Leigh Krueger, CEO and president, Nestlé Purina PetCare Company
- Secretary: Bud Wright, chairman and CEO, TFP Nutrition
- Treasurer: Alan Bostick, president and CEO, Sunshine Mills, Inc.
- Personnel Officer: Scott Morris, co-founder and president, Freshpet
The PFI board of directors also approved two new producer members, welcoming Primal Pet Group and WellPet to the association at the meeting.
“PFI is proud to represent and be an advocate for membership, and we are pleased to welcome new producer members with their additional market experiences and expertise,” said Dana Brooks, president and CEO of PFI. “With guidance from the board of directors and officers, PFI staff will further advance a science-based regulatory and policy environment for America’s pet food and treat makers, and support long and healthy lives for pets.”