Petco Health and Wellness Company, Inc. announced on Jan. 30 it will unify over 24 million subscribers within a two-tiered offering under its Vital Care program.
Vital Care provides pet parents with a connection to Petco's differentiated merchandise and services offerings, while driving repeat visits and engagement. The free membership tier, "Vital Care Core," and paid membership tier, "Vital Care Premier," make it more convenient, accessible and affordable for pet parents to tap into every resource Petco offers across more than 1,500 Petco pet care centers, petco.com and the Petco app.
Current members of Petco's Pals Rewards program, introduced in 1997, will be automatically transitioned to Vital Care Core; and members of Petco's existing Vital Care program will become Vital Care Premier members. All members will retain the same benefits and paid members, the same fee.
"Building on the strength of our existing two membership offerings, by bringing them together under Vital Care, we're making it even easier for customers to understand and maximize the program offerings to provide their pets with the best possible care and get the most value from Petco," said Jenny Wolski, senior vice president of omnichannel customer experience at Petco. "Pet parents are looking for seamless, one-stop shopping and personalized advice on how to support their pets' health and wellness, and a Vital Care membership gives them all of that and more—including exclusive savings on products and services across our differentiated omnichannel ecosystem, which no other membership offers."
On average, existing Pals members who have unlocked benefits of the program, such as nutrition and grooming perks, increase their Petco visits by 50 percent and spend 40 percent more on pet products and services than non-members. In addition to receiving personalized support for their pets' whole health journey at Petco pet care centers, Vital Care members have access to Petco's digital resources such as custom-made pet care reminders to purchase food and the ability to set up veterinary and grooming appointments via the personalized Petco app dashboard. Additional benefits of Petco's Vital Care membership offerings include:
Vital Care Core
- Earning points on every purchase, from wellness services to products.
- Unlocking nutrition and grooming perks, including getting a 10th bag of dry dog or cat food for free and an eighth groom for free, making it easier to provide pets with routine care.
- Managing pets' health and wellness with tools and resources like a membership dashboard on petco.com and in the Petco app that helps pet parents stay up to date with their pets' care plan, as well as a monthly wellness checklist.
Vital Care Premier*
- Upgrading to the paid tier helps customers save and make the most of every health and wellness resource Petco offers, from groomers, veterinarians and associates, to extended rewards expiration on nutrition and supplies.
- Selecting a tailored plan based on pet type:
- Cats and Dogs: $19.99 per month for one animal. Pet parents receive unlimited routine vet exams at a Petco vet or vet of choice, 20 percent off all dog grooming sessions or cat litter purchases, 10 percent off high-quality nutrition without artificial ingredients and $15 Vital Care Rewards each month.
- Companion Animals: $9.99 per month for one bird, fish, reptile or small pet. Pet parents receive 20 percent off nutrition and supplies, 20 percent off future new pet purchases and $5 Vital Care Rewards each month.
- Experiencing easy, complete care with a dedicated, exclusive member help line.
*Vital Care Premier requires an annual commitment.