This year’s SuperZoo will feature a lineup of show highlights and new features, including an energetic show floor with five product specialty areas, dedicated spaces for new products and emerging brands, a robust education program, world-class grooming contests and an exclusive beach party networking event. SuperZoo 2022 will take place at the Mandalay Bay Convention Center in Las Vegas, August 23-25, with education sessions beginning August 22.
SuperZoo 2022 Highlights and New Features
- The energetic 300,000 sq. ft. show floor will feature the largest and most comprehensive assortment of pet products in North America. The show floor will be packed with nearly 1,000 exhibitors in every pet product category. This year, the curated show floor will feature five specialty areas: Natural and Health; Specialty and Lifestyle; Farm and Feed; Aquatics, Reptiles and Small Animals; and Groomer’s Marketplace.
- More than 700 debut pet products will be on display in the highly popular New Product Showcase. A panel of five industry experts will select first place winners and runner-ups in 10 different product categories, as well as one Judges Award for New-to-Market Pet Product winner, on Tuesday, August 23.
- Attendees can also get a first look at the latest trends by exploring the dedicated area for Emerging Brands on the show floor. This hand-picked group of startups are selected as the year’s best new innovators and entrepreneurs in the industry.
- With over 70 sessions featuring nearly 30 experts, SuperZoo has the industry’s most robust education program for pet professionals. This year, the education program has been streamlined, with sessions taking place Monday and Tuesday, to allow for more time on the show floor to discover the newest pet products and innovations. The 2022 education will feature two specialty tracks designed for retail and grooming professionals, as well as Free Show Floor Talks taking place in Booth #5725.
- With nearly $35,000 in winnings at stake, SuperZoo’s grooming contests let talented pet-styling professionals showcase their creativity on the industry’s grandest stage. Contests feature multiple divisions for each regular breed classes, plus awards for the Best First-Time Competitor, Best International Competitor and Best Pet Stylist in Show. Special contests include the Creative Styling Competition, Wahl Clipper Classic, All Breed Model Dog Challenge and the Super Jackpot Contest.
- Groomers will have access to education sessions that will help them prepare for the Professional Grooming Credential (PGC) exam. Earning the PGC demonstrates a pet groomer’s expertise and dedication to providing the best care and services to their clients.
Industry professionals can connect with fellow pet professionals representing the full spectrum of the pet industry at the SuperZoo Beach Party. The networking opportunity will take place Wednesday, August 24 from 7-10 p.m. with music, happy hour and hors d’oeuvres.