- Children under 13
- Sites to Which We Link
- Information Collected Through Our Services
- Information We May Obtain from Other Sources
Children Under 13: Macfadden Pet Business, LLC cares about protecting the privacy of children. We won't knowingly allow anyone under the age of 13 to provide us any personally identifying information online. Children should always get permission from their parents before sending any personal information about themselves (such as their names, email addresses, and phone numbers) over the Internet, to us or to anyone else. We encourage you to become involved in your children's online experience, and to share your knowledge and experience with your young ones. If you're under 13, please do not register for any of our Services or provide us with any personally identifying information (such as your name, email address or phone number) Information Collected Through Our Services: The information we gather through our Services falls into two categories: (1) information you voluntarily supply to us when you register, initiate transactions or communicate with us or others through the Services, and (2) information collected automatically as you use our Services. Third-party providers and advertisers featured on, or linked to from, our Services may also gather information through processes that we don't control and subject to their own separate privacy policies, which may differ from ours.
Registration and Other Personally Identifying Information.
You may register to use certain features of our Services. When you register, we may collect personally identifying information, including your name, postal address, email address, user name and password, reminder questions and answers and communications preferences, such as which newsletters you would like to receive. We may also ask for information about age, gender, hobbies, interests and the like, but you're free to register for most of our Services without providing this additional information. When you register for one of our Services, the information you provide may be added to a centralized Macfadden Pet Business, LLC database so that you may be simultaneously registered for our other Services as well. In addition, when you use various aspects of our Services, we may ask you for personally identifying information, including when you order products, complete a survey, enter a contest, or report a problem with our Services. We and our authorized third-party service providers use this information to process orders, tailor our Services to your interests or otherwise improve our Services. We may also collect contact information for other individuals when you use the sharing tools available within some of our Services to forward content or offers to your friends and associates. We use this information to facilitate the communications that you request. Please note that if you use any "send-to-a-friend" features of our Services, your email address may be included in the communication sent to your friend.
Contests and Other Promotions.
Information Collected Automatically When You Use Our Services.
Macfadden Pet Business, LLC or third-party contractors we engage may collect certain information automatically when you use our Services, including:
- Your browser type, language, plug-ins, Internet domain and operating system;
- Your Internet Protocol (IP) address (a numerical address assigned to your computer by your Internet service provider so that other computers connected to the Internet can communicate with you online) that can sometimes be used to derive your general geographic area;
- The site you visited before visiting a Macfadden Pet Business, LLC website and the site you visited after visiting a Macfadden Pet Business, LLC website;
- Web pages and advertisements you view and links you click on while navigating within our Services;
- Unique identifiers, including mobile device identification numbers, that can identify the physical location of such devices in accordance with applicable law;
- Information collected through cookies, web beacons and other tracking technologies (see additional descriptions of these terms below);
- Information about your interactions with our video content, such as the type of content viewed on our Services;
- Information about your interactions with our email messages, such as the links you click on and whether you open or forward a message; the date and time of these interactions and the device you use to read emails; and standard server log information.
Personalization and Tracking Technologies.
- To help us recognize your browser as a previous visitor and save and remember any preferences that may have been set while your browser was visiting one of our Services. For example, if you register for a Macfadden Pet Business, LLC Service, we may save your username and password, so you do not have to re-enter them each time you visit.
- To help control the display of advertisements and customize the content and advertisements you see while using our Services and sometimes while visiting other websites online.
- To help us measure and analyze visitor traffic and usage patterns and to improve the quality and effectiveness of our content, features, advertisements, and other communications.
Third-party companies that provide some of the tools and features accessible through our Services and advertisers and other companies involved in the delivery of the advertisements that you see while using our Services and other websites also may place cookies within your browser. We do not have access to these cookies and do not control how they may be used. You can set your browser to accept or reject most cookies, or to notify you when a cookie is set. (Each browser is different, so check the "Help" menu of your browser to learn how to change your cookie preferences.) It is up to you whether to allow us or third parties to send you or to set cookies, but if you block cookies, you may not be able to view or access some of the features of our Services. Please be aware that certain browsers cannot block or delete so-called "Flash" cookies, which use a feature of the Adobe Flash video player to store information on your computer. For information about how to delete Flash cookies, please visit the Adobe website.
Web Beacons and Other Tracking Technologies.
We and our service providers and other third-party companies involved in the delivery of advertisements you see on our Services and/or while visiting other unaffiliated websites may also use scripts, web beacons and/or similar technologies, to collect information about your use of our Services. Web beacons (sometimes called "transparent GIFs," "clear GIFs," or "pixel tags") embed a small graphic image (usually invisible) on a web page or in an email. When your browser downloads a web beacon, the server that sends the corresponding image to your browser can recognize and store certain types of information such as cookies previously set, the time and date that you viewed the page embedded with the beacon and a description of that page. We use web beacons to improve your experience using our Services, including by providing you with content, advertising and offers customized to your interests, and to understand whether our users read email messages and click on links contained within those messages.
Mobile Device IDs and Location-Based Information.
Certain mobile devices, including smart phones and tablet devices, contain unique device IDs that can be used to identify their physical location. Mobile devices also typically transmit caller ID data (which may include a phone number) when used to transmit a telephone call or text message. When you use mobile devices to access our Services, we may collect and transmit unique device IDs and collect caller ID data, information about your wireless carrier, the make, model and operating system of your device and information about how you navigate within our Service. With your consent, we also may use precise geolocation technology such as GPS or WiFi triangulation to collect information about the exact location of your mobile device. We use this information to provide you the content and services you request, tell you about offers we think you will value, and improve your experience using our mobile applications and other Services.
Information Collected in Connection With Ad Serving, Targeting and Analytics.
Social Network Posting Tools and "Share" Features.
Nielsen Online Campaign Ratings Service.
Information We May Obtain From Other Sources:
We may combine the information we collect through the Services with other information that we obtain about you, your computer, and/or device from other companies and sources, including third-party data suppliers and public databases. The following are examples of information we may collect from other sources:
- Name, postal address, email address and telephone number;
- Demographic data, such as age, gender, and income level;
- Your interests and purchase behavior;
- Publicly-visible data, such as your posts and submissions to blogs, video-sharing services, and other interactive forums; and
- Other navigation data, such as web sites visited and advertisements viewed or clicked on.
How We Use The Information We Collect:
Our primary goal in collecting information is to provide you with a customized experience when using our Services and to make them more valuable to you. Because our Services are supported by advertising, we also use the information we collect to help advertisers efficiently reach consumers who are most likely to be interested in their products and services. We only use payment and identity verification information, such as credit card numbers, driver's license numbers, social security numbers, or comparable national identifiers as necessary to complete a particular transaction, provide a requested service, enforce legal rights or comply with applicable law. In addition, we and our authorized service providers generally use other information that we collect about you to:
- Analyze, operate and improve our Services, and fulfill your requests for products, services, and information, including to send you electronic newsletters;
- Enable you to participate in features such as surveys, polls, sweepstakes, and message boards;
- Provide you with special offers and promotions from companies within our corporate family, and select third parties in accordance with applicable law;
- Customize the content you see when you use our Services;
- Develop and provide advertising tailored to your interests, including advertising that you see on our Services and on third-party websites;
- Prevent potentially prohibited or illegal activities and enforce our Visitor Agreement;
- Conduct market analysis, traffic flow analysis and related reporting; and
- For any other purposes disclosed to you at the time we collect your information or pursuant to your consent
Return to top How We Disclose Information and Your Related Opt-out Choices: Except as otherwise expressly noted herein or within the Services, we may share any information that we collect through our Services, including without limitation, your name, postal address (and any other information we combine with that information) with our Macfadden Pet Business, LLC-affiliated companies, our provider partners and service providers, and with carefully selected third-party marketers of products and services potentially of interest to you. To remove your name and postal address from lists that we sell or rent to third parties for their direct marketing purposes, please send your request to us in a letter addressed to Macfadden Pet Business, LLC Opt-Out Postal, Attn: Circulation, 450 Park Avenue South, 3rd Floor, New York, NY 10016). We may share our users' email addresses with service providers that send email messages on our behalf. These service providers may collect data about how you interact with those messages (including information about whether and when you opened a particular message or clicked on a link within a message and the device you used to do so) and analyze it in conjunction with similar information they collect when you respond to emails they send on behalf of their other clients who are not affiliated with us. They use this email response information in combination with your email address to target and optimize the delivery of emails they send on our behalf and for their other clients. To opt out of this information collection, you can unsubscribe from the related Macfadden Pet Business, LLC email list by using the unsubscribe link at the bottom of each message and/ or by visiting the Email Preferences page on our sites and updating your preferences. (Note that using the opt-out mechanism associated with the AdChoices icon will NOT affect the collection of email response information.) We do not authorize our email service providers to share your email address with their other clients. Except as described in this policy, we will not sell or rent your email address to unaffiliated third parties for their email marketing purposes, without your consent. If you use our Services to sign up for special email offers from third-party advertisers, we will share your email address and any other information you provided with your request with the advertisers you selected. If you decide you no longer want to receive these emails, simply follow the advertiser's unsubscribe link or instructions that should be included in every commercial message you receive. If you choose to subscribe to any of Macfadden Pet Business, LLC's newsletters or commercial email lists, you can unsubscribe at any time by following the unsubscribe link at the bottom of each message.
Provider Partners and Service Providers.
We and our service providers may combine information that we collect about you with information that we collect about other users of our Services and share it in a form that does not identify you personally. We and our service providers may use aggregated information or other anonymous information and disclose it to third parties as we see fit.
Information You Post to Blogs, Discussion Forums and Community or Social Networking Areas.
Keep in mind that any information that you choose to post to blogs, discussion forums, or other community or social networking services that we offer can be seen, collected and used by anyone who has access to the applicable service. We cannot be responsible for any unauthorized third-party use of such information.
Legal Compliance, Business Transfers and Other Disclosures.
Notwithstanding anything to the contrary stated herein or within our Services, we may occasionally release information about users of our Services when we deem such release appropriate to comply with law, respond to compulsory process or law enforcement requests, enforce our Visitor Agreement, or protect the rights, property or safety of users of our Services, the public, Macfadden Pet Business, LLC, our affiliates, or any third party. Over time, we may reorganize or transfer various assets and lines of business. Notwithstanding anything to the contrary stated herein or on our Services, we reserve the right to disclose or transfer any information we collect to third parties in connection with any proposed or actual purchase, sale, lease, merger, foreclosure, liquidation, amalgamation or any other type of acquisition, disposal, transfer, conveyance or financing of all or any portion of Macfadden Pet Business, LLC or our affiliates.
YOUR CALIFORNIA PRIVACY RIGHTS (As provided by California Civil Code Section 1798.83)